Cockroaches are the most common pests worldwide, being especially attracted by food and water. The most common species are German, Oriental and American cockroaches. Besides being ugly, these insects carry viruses and bacteria that are harmful to human and pet health. Here’s how you can get rid of them:[expand title=”” trigpos=”below” ]
I. With borax and sugar
Borax kills cockroaches and prevents insects from entering the house because it dehydrates their carapace and destroys their digestive system. In order for this substance to be more effective, it is advisable to mix it with sugar because it attracts cockroaches into the trap.
1. Mix 3 parts of borax with a portion of sugar.
2. Spread the mixture into the areas where the bugs appear at night. (Wear gloves and wash your hands afterward.)
3. The next morning you will find many dead cockroaches that you have to remove.
4. Repeat the operation for several days until you get rid of them.
You can replace borax with boric acid or baking soda. Don’t use this method if you have small children or pets.
II. With essential kaffir lime oil
1. Add 8-10 drops of this type of oil to 2 cups of water.
2. Pour the solution into a spray container.
3. Spray the solution in areas affected by cockroaches.
4. Pour the remaining solution into the sink and drain pipe.
5. Repeat the operation for several days.
Other essential oils that kill insects are mint and tea tree oil.
III. Using coffee
The aroma of coffee attracts cockroaches to the surface, making it one of the natural remedies against this type of pest.
1. Fill some jars with water.
2. Put wet coffee grounds wet in some small disposable glasses and put them in the jars.
3. Place the jars in the places where the cockroaches appear at night. They will be attracted to the smell of coffee, will enter in the jar and will not be able to escape.
4. The next morning, throw the contents of the jars.
5. Repeat the procedure for several days.
IV. Using laundry softener
The cockroaches breathe through the skin, and the laundry softener affects this process, killing them by asphyxiation.
1. Mix equal amounts of laundry softener and water.
2. Put the solution in a spray bottle.
3. Spray the solution directly on cockroaches and in areas where they hide.
4. Repeat the procedure until you get rid of them.[/expand]