Our nails suffer much during the day: either you bite them or weaken them with all kinds of detergents and soaps we use. Even if you wear them short, sharp, colored or maintain the gel on them, nails are an important part of our look of.
[expand title=”” trigpos=”below” ]
In antiquity, manicured nails were reserved for the upper classes, then, over time they have become a way of expression of the feminine and creativity. Currently there are many options to decorate our nails, depending on our personality and budget. But a classic style, such as French or red coral, will never become old-fashioned!
I this article you will find out 10 incredible curiosities about nails!
10 Incredible Curiosities About Nails!
1. Nails grow on average 3.5 millimeters per month! There are several factors that can interfere in the growth of the nail, such as lack of some vitamins or calcium, but also the presence of a liver disease or chronic diseases. A nail grows completely in 5 months.
2. Hair and nails are made of the same protein, keratin. The nails from the hand usually grow faster than those from the feet.
3. The men’s nails grow faster than women’s nails.
4. Nails grow faster in summer time. The organism produce more Vitamin D after sun exposure. This vitamin plays an important role in nails growing.
5. It is not recommended to cut our cuticles. Cuticles act as a seal that protects nails, so it is advisable not to cut them and apply a moisturizing oil from time to time, especially if you clean dishes manually.
6. Nail shape and hardness are influenced by genetic factors. So you can easily inherit nails mother with problems such as peeling or striations.
7. If you constantly bite your nails is a very bad habit. It can be a twitch that signals the presence of anxiety. Nail biting is a condition.
8. Manicure is an old practice, dating back to ancient Egypt! Cleopatra and Nefertiti were coloring their nails with henna, and in China during the Ming Dynasty (XIV – XV), the royals used a mixture of oils, waxes, resins and pigments to color the nails.
9. In the modern period, manicure began to be a common practice. In the 20s women began to use machine Treated as a nail offering enhanced brightness. The first commercial nail that had a formula based on pigments was released in 1932. After that, the range of colors became increasingly varied.
10. Leuconichia is the official name used for white spots appearing on the nails. Contrary to rumors, they doesn’t indicate a lack of calcium, they indicate a problem with your liver.[/expand]